Frequently asked questions
As there are many people who are just getting to know the Isaiah Connection there are many questions that you may have. We have compiled a list of frequent questions we are asked about going into the field with the Isaiah Connection.
- How do we find out more about each location? To know more about each mission field site go to the ‘Places Around the World’ page and click on a specific location to learn more about the opportunities that are available.
- Why is there a fee? The fee for each location is to help cover cost of while we are in the field. Examples, food, transportation, supply costs etc.
- What fees do we need to pay for? For every mission field site there is a specific amount of money that you are responsible of paying in order to join the Isaiah team in the field.
- Who is responsible for paying for the travel expenses? The traveler who is joining the Isaiah Connection is responsible for the cost of their travel. Such as airfare, checked bag expenses, ferry expenses and so on.
- What other costs may we have? The traveler is also responsible for paying for some meals or snacks as we are traveling to the locations. As well as any souvenirs you want to take home with you. Once we are in the field meals are provided
- Is there an age requirement for participants in the field? There is no age requirement that people need to achieve in order to join the Isaiah Connection team. We have had participants from as young as 2 months old to an 82 year old. We do not want to leave anyone out who is interested just because they are "too young" or "too old". We welcome individuals, families, church groups, couples or other groups who are interested in joining us.
- If we are interested in joining the team what are our next steps? The first step of joining the Isaiah Connection team in the field is filling out the individual or group agreement form and the medical liability (can be found here) and a long with a $100 non-refundable check, deposit per each participant made out to The Isaiah Connection. Then return the forms with the deposit to The Isaiah Connection, PO Box 10753, White Bear Lake, MN, 55110.
- When is the money and form due? The first payment is a down payment holding your spot on the team; this is because some locations fill up faster than others. So the sooner the better to guaranty a spot for yourself. This needs to be turn in when you fill out and send your individual or group agreement with your medical agreement form. The second payment is ½ of the remaining balance and needs to be sent in before 120 days before the trip. And the final payment is the remaining ½ of the balance due 30 days before the trip.
- When do we need to schedule our flights? We are asking that people arrive the night before the trip starts or early that morning. However, if you want to come in the night before you need to be in contact with Joe Burton or Rebekah Cranor about the specifics about lodging and transportation.
- If we need to take a ferry to our location (Alaska) how do we find those tickets? These tickets can be purchased in person once we get to Ketchikan.